Rah-Rah-Sis-Boom-Ba-ALIYAH!

Not to throw a damper on all this rah-rah-sis-boom-ba-aliyah stuff - 'been there, done that' - but the older I get, the less energy I have to put up with or change all the bad parts of living in Medinat Yisrael.
Notice I didn't say 'Eretz Yisrael', which will always remain holy. Unfortunately, the Medinah is FAR FROM holy at this juncture.This post is so OPPOSITE the general view on this blog. That's probably because it is 4:00 a.m. and I think I am coming down with bronchitis or pneumonia...must have caught it from my husband, who is currently sick.
I love Israel with a passion. But I am no longer the starry-eyed Zionist I was in 1977, when I first moved there. It's a long story for another time...
Kol Tuv!

Comments

the sabra said…
good. cuz zionism is anti-torah.

feel better.
Lady-Light said…
Hmm-mm...
Why do you think that Zionism is anti-Torah? Actually, from the time of the Babylonian exile, Jews yearned for 'Zion' (ציון ). Rav Yehuda Ha-Levi wrote beautiful poems about his heart being in the East, while he was in the West. Lovers of Torah yearned to be back in the land that Hashem gave us. It is actually strange that people can be Zionists and not love Torah, because without Torah there is no special-ness to Eretz Yisrael.Zionism is not anti-Torah. Some Zionists are. That is the difference.
Thank you for the 'refuah shlemah wishes.

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Debate: Is it Itsy Bitsy, or Inky Dinky, of Spider Fame?

The End. Is there a Beginning...?

Some Recent Israeli Accomplishments in her 67 Years: Independence Day 2015